Saturday, April 02, 2011

Latest Versions of Browsers.

I took "the Challenge" and downloaded Internet Explorer 9  today. 

Hmmm... funny, how all of the browsers used to have all kinds of Menu's everywhere, showing you your options.  The latest trend is not to show you anything except for 3 or four icons which will take you to the menu's that we used to have.  Good thing I got to practice with the old browsers.  Wonder how folks who are new to this stuff will figure out where their settings are?  Or the fact that they actually *have* settings!  (lol)

I was afraid that it might be "buggy" since it hasn't been around that long (has it? ;).  But it seems to be quite stable.  And I like the wide viewing area that it has. 

Funny thing is that I downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (buggy imho), and Google Chrome (finally caught up with the technology of games played on FB  imho  ;) before I downloaded the latest version of IE.  Even though IE is my main browser.  I was afraid to mess it up with a new version... lol.

I downloaded Firefox and Chrome because I needed secondary browsers in order to play all of my gaming accounts at FaceBook.... lol 

Ahhh, the intrecacies of Online game playing!  (grin)

And where did my "spell check" go at this site?  hmmm .... ;)

Posted via email from raenie's posterous

7 comments:

  1. GG,
    Hey ... again, I'm so late here it's not funny. How could I not have found this earlier. I'm a disgrace to the online community LOL.

    About the browsers ... I don't know how people who are new to all this do it ...if they do it at all. Depends on age, I'd say. Young people are probably more inclined to check out all the settings ... really young, that is.

    Chrome has been my main browser since it was released. I have the others too, and I always download any new version ... just to check them out. If any of them would really appeal to me, I'd change over, but so far I've always come back to Chrome. It's lean and mean :)

    Aren't we also creatures of habit?! I on my part, have lots of little hang-ups and pet peeves too; In IE, I keep staring at that blue back-button with the arrow on it -- it's too big. Part of the rounded doesn't show and that bugs me. They didn't even change it in the most recent version. Of course, it doesn't make any difference, and I wish I could stop gazing at it LOL ...what's wrong with me?!

    Chrome works with everything I want to do now. In the beginning, when I went to my bank page, I had to change, but not so anymore. The little balls I play in FB; no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I forgot one thing: Have you noticed the built-in spell check in Chrome?! Doesn't matter where you are typing ... it always checks [if you have it set to do that, I think it's default]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha.. Hi Reb! I'm like that with all of the browsers too. Try them out, and then change my mind again!!!

    I stuck with chrome for online games also, like you said, it's the fastest so far.

    I tried IE9 and then went back to IE8!!! (lol) Liked the old menus better. I can find my commands any time I need them, and don't have to *search* for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got MS Office 2010, I realized that they had changed their menus to the *hidden* style also... (argh!!!).

    I tried to figure out Excell, and just decided to forget all about it. Luckily, I found a course for the Excell at an Office of our Massachusetts Career Centers.

    The course wasn't very good, but I did learn about the *Ribbon* in word. Then relaxed enough to follow an online course, which I'm still working on.

    Here is a definition of the ribbon;

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Microsoft itself is now charging fees for *everything*! Can't even find a course online on how to use office, without having to pay $100.00 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *do* love Chrome! Only I have a problem using it at some sites. And I have to keep searching for my "Favorites" and other commands ... lol

    So I use that for gaming and stuff. Then use IE when I do searches, or other research.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had been using Opera, to read the email from all of my online accounts.
    Found that the print was too small for my eyes after a while of using it.
    Also had a major problem with it crashing when I used it to "send" email. The third time I sent a message, the whole thing crashed, and never recovered.
    I uninstalled it, and re-installed it, and it still kept crashing ... oh well, maybe another year or so, they'll have that fixed! ha, ha.ha..

    ReplyDelete