Sunday, May 24, 2009

Massachusetts ~ My Home State

About my home state, Massachusetts, USA

I have always loved History, and Massachusetts is chock full of History!.

The state Capitol is Boston. Famous for The Boston Tea Party, and the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere. As well as Old Ironsides.

You can listen to the music of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Or enjoy the Boston Pops, with it’s conductor Keith Lockhart. They play every Fourth of July at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade beside the Charles River.

Not to forget the Boston Red Sox! For those of you, who are better at spectator sports , than I am. Just for the record, I used to go to Red Sox games back in the 1970’s before the prices got so outrageous, and I developed my dislike for crowds.

I live approximately thirty miles SW of the city, in an area known as The South Shore. We have many small New England type towns here. They’re growing by leaps and bounds though, since more and more people are moving out of the cities.

Route 3, is traveled daily by many people who commute to their jobs in Boston. Our area roads are chock full of traffic, at rush hour. By 7:00 pm the roads are almost empty, and “the sidewalks are rolled up”. Great area to bring up a family, but not exactly for those seeking an exciting night life!

Plymouth, Massachusetts is where the Pilgrims landed back in 1620,

on their ship, the Mayflower.

I live quite near there and have often, visited various Historic Sites, in the area.

When touring the Mayflower, one can’t help but wonder, how all of those people could have survived the trip, living in such crowded quarters, on such a small vessel.

View some photo’s of Boston, here!

The Bee Gee’s even wrote a song …. Massachusetts

I guess that they came all the way from Australia,

just to write a song about our State!

Posted via email from raenie's posterous

2 comments:

  1. It has always been my biggest desire to see Boston and the east coast. I had no idea you lived there. We always go south or west or north. I have never been east. I would love to go up the coast and look at light houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lighthouses, yes there are many lovely ones, I guess. I did a search once on the Internet. Have never taken a trip to actually see them though!

    ReplyDelete